10.6.1. Advising for Study Abroad

Oglethorpe academic advisors and the director of the center for global education (CGE) serve as primary consultants for students who seek any study abroad experience. The student should begin the process by reviewing the options and policies on the CGE website. The student should then make an appointment with their academic advisor to discuss how education abroad fits with their academic plan. The student should also meet with the director of the CGE to investigate potential destinations and discuss both the student’s qualifications for study abroad and the application process. The application process includes applications to the host institution and to the CGE for permission to study abroad.