Special status applicants are individuals who wish to take a limited number of post-baccalaureate classes at Oglethorpe for academic credit, or who are non-traditional students who desire to begin college coursework prior to being admitted to a degree-seeking program.
Special status students may enroll for a maximum of 16 semester hours. Individuals desiring to enroll for additional courses must apply as regular, degree-seeking candidates. Special status students are not eligible for financial assistance.
For all start sessions, special status applications are considered on a rolling admission basis. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are completed, provided that sufficient time remains for processing and enrollment.
22.214.171.124. Admission Consideration
Candidates for special status admission must meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduated from another accredited college or university.
- At least 22 years of age.
Special status candidates must meet any prerequisites for the courses in which they seek to enroll.
126.96.36.199. Application Requirements
A completed application for special status admission includes the following:
- Submission of the special status application form. This form is available online at https://oglethorpe.edu/admission/undergraduate-admission/how-to-apply/special-status/.
- Payment of the application fee.
- Official transcript from the last institution attended, or a copy of the secondary school or college diploma.
188.8.131.52. Enrollment Policies
Special status students are eligible for course registration once degree-seeking Oglethorpe students have had an opportunity to register.