Programs offered through the Hammack School of Business (Sec. 4.1.3):
- Certificate in Business Analytics as part of B.A. or B.S. degree (TU)
- Certificate in Business Analytics as part of B.A.L.S. or B.B.A. degree (ADP)
- Certificate in Business Analytics as a non-degree certificate
The Business Analytics certificate provides students with targeted understanding of how to use data to inform decision-making. This includes best practices for analyzing data using Excel and other advanced analytical programs (such as R or SAS), and how to combine that skill with design to turn data into consumable information for stakeholders.
The certificate is useful for Oglethorpe students (TU or ADP) who wish to add an additional credential or
non-Oglethorpe students (non-degree) looking for career development opportunities with an enhanced ability to analyze and display data in a meaningful way that increases productivity and improves profitability.
Certificate in Business Analytics (Same for all three options)
1.) Completion of all the following courses:
- BUS 275 Business Analytics
- BUS 325 Advanced Business Analytics
- BUS 355 Data Visualization
2.) Additional requirements and things to note:
- a.) A student must earn a C- or better in each of the three program courses to earn any Business Analytics certificate.
- b.) In the Fast-Track Business Analytics certificate program, if a student does not make the minimum grade (C-) in each course to be eligible to move on to the next, he/she will be administratively withdrawn from the program.