6.19.2. Declaring and Changing a Major Program

Every undergraduate student (TU and ADP) must earn a major in order to graduate. Majors (and the nature of the corresponding degree) are listed in Sec. 8.; major requirements are explored in detail in Sec. 9. While there is no particular mandated timeframe for a student declaring a major, students are urged to make a preliminary choice as soon as possible. A student can declare a major (or change a previously declared major) by filing with the registrar a change of major form, which is available at the HUB or online at the HUB website, http://hub.oglethorpe.edu/. If a student changes his/her major, the student typically also should change his/her advisor; see Sec. A student can verify his/her current declared major in OASIS.