Certificate applicants are individuals applying for admission into a non-degree seeking certificate program. Certificate students may enroll only in the courses required for certificate completion. Certificate students are not eligible for financial assistance.
For all start sessions, certificate applications are considered on a rolling admission basis. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are completed, provided that sufficient time remains for processing and enrollment.
184.108.40.206 Admission Consideration
Candidates for certificate admission must meet the following criteria:
- High school diploma
- Good academic and social standing at the last institution enrolled.
220.127.116.11 Application Requirements
A completed application for certificate admission includes the following:
- Submission of the certificate application form. This form is available online at
- Payment of the application fee.
- Official transcript from the last institution attended (high school or college).
- If the applicant has completed fewer than 24 college semester credit hours, both a college and high school transcript are required.
18.104.22.168 Enrollment Policies
Certificate credits can count toward a degree at Oglethorpe University. A student may change his/her official status from certificate-only to degree-seeking after completing the certificate program but may begin the process sooner.