4.2.2. Transfer Applicants

Transfer applicants are individuals who have previously attended a regionally accredited college or university and earned a minimum of 24 semester hours or 36 quarter hours of college credit, after completing secondary school or the GED.

Students who have completed joint enrollment or dual enrollment at a college or university before earning a secondary school diploma, or who have earned less than 24 semester hours or 36 quarter hours after completing secondary school or the GED, are considered freshman applicants and should refer to Sec. 4.2.1. of this Bulletin. Deadlines

For all start semesters, transfer applications are considered on a rolling admission basis. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are completed, provided that sufficient time remains for processing and enrollment. Admission Consideration

The transfer admission process is selective and based on individual consideration. Eligible candidates must have earned a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.3 (on a 4.0 scale) in a minimum of 24 semester hours or 36 quarter hours of college credit. Candidates must be in academic good standing at the present or most recent institution. Transfer applicants on warning, probation or exclusion from another institution will not be considered for admission. Application Requirements

A completed transfer application includes submission of the application form, payment of the application fee, and the following:

  • Official transcript from each and every college or university attended.
  • Application essay of at least 250 words (typed).
  • One recommendation from a teacher, counselor or advisor who can attest to the applicant’s academic ability. Enrollment Policies

Admitted transfer students must secure their place in the class by submitting an enrollment deposit no later than May 1 (if the student will enroll in the fall semester) or January 1 (if the student will enroll in the spring semester). Entering transfer students must submit an official final transcript from all colleges and universities. All transfer students must complete the online housing application or the housing exemption form as soon as possible after submitting the enrollment deposit. For more details about campus residency requirements or to complete an online housing form, please visit http://reslife.oglethorpe.edu/.

All entering students must fulfill the requirements of our immunization policy (see Sec. 6.5.). Instructions are available at http://health.oglethorpe.edu/immunizations/.