All completed applications will be evaluated holistically by a member of the admission staff. Final decisions regarding required materials, application fees, application deadlines, and admission decisions are at the discretion of the Dean of Admission & Financial Aid.
Oglethorpe University welcomes students from all areas of the United States as well as international students as candidates for admission. Oglethorpe does not discriminate on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity or gender expression; marital status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; genetic information; citizenship status; service member status; or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
The admission staff selects for admission applicants who present strong evidence of purpose, maturity, academic ability, integrity, good conduct and the potential for success at Oglethorpe. Should the admission committee question whether such qualities exist in an applicant, the student may be required to participate in an on-campus interview with a member of the admission staff.
If an applicant:
- Has been found guilty of any violation of a federal, state or municipal law, regulation or ordinance (other than minor traffic violations) including offenses for which any type of first offender status has been granted, or
- Has ever entered a plea of guilty, no contest, nolo contendere, or an Alford plea, or has otherwise accepted responsibility for the commission of a crime, or
- Is currently charged with, or has been found guilty/liable of any violation of academic honesty, honor code, or conduct regulations (be they academic or non-academic in nature) at a previously attended post-secondary institution (college or university); or
- Left a previous post-secondary institution (college or university) while there were pending charges of any violation of academic honesty, honor code, or conduct regulations (be they academic or non-academic in nature), or
- Has received any type of discharge from military service other than an honorable discharge, then the applicant’s case will be reviewed to ensure that the applicant meets the satisfactory academic performance, good character, and good conduct requirements noted above. If, after a letter of acceptance has been issued, information comes to light that shows that an applicant did not meet all admission requirements or that an applicant’s application contained omissions or misrepresentations, the applicant’s offer of admission will be automatically revoked. If this information comes to light after the student has enrolled, the applicant’s enrollment at Oglethorpe will automatically be terminated and earned credit may be revoked.
All documents gathered by the University for admission purposes concerning applicants become the property of the University upon receipt, and are not under any circumstances returned to the applicant or forwarded to another institution.